How to use Master Lee's Hot-Hot
Hot-Hot Stick is the technique of modified Moxibustion.
It is a technique used to indirectly heat the acupuncture points
on the body to tonify body energy. Hot-Hot Stick is
performed using a "moxa stick" -- made up of
- Use the sticks according to Master Lee’s instructions.
- Do not touch the skin with lighted sticks.
- Do not use if you have a fever, infection or swollen part of the body.
- Do not use if you have diabetes, high blood pressure, tumors or cancer.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Do not burn your skin.
- Do not use on blister(s), blood vessels, face, or moles.
- Use the sticks in well ventilated areas (either a bathroom with a vent or outdoors).
- Use the sticks before 3PM (if possible).
- Use the sticks once a day.
- Be sure to extinguish the sticks after use.
- External use only.
- If you accidentally burn yourself, use proper first aid
(first aid cream or see your physician).
- If you see no improvement in 3 weeks, please make an
appointment to see your licensed provider.
- Candle, Lighter or Gas/Electrical Range
- Ashtray, Plate or Aluminum Foil to catch the ashes
- Aluminum Foil (or water) to put out the fire from the Hot-Hot
How to use the Hot-Hot Stick:
Prepare two tinfoil ash trays, one for dry ash and one with
water (or have a cup of water on hand). Light the
Hot-Hot Stick on the range, stove or candle (tap off excess
ash to avoid falling pieces burning the skin). Determine
the appropriate energy-points.
Make a "V" with your index and middle finger
around the energy-point to help guide you. Wave the
burning head of the moxa stick close to the skin, without
touching the skin, to heat the energy point.
Be sure to communicate with the recipient (if having
someone else provide the procedure). Recipient should
say "warm", "hot" and then "hot,
hot" when the Hot-Hot Stick has heated the energy-point
to the point of tolerance (should feel like a needle or
stinging sensation). Once it reaches the point of
"hot, hot", pull away the moxa stick and press the
energy-point with your finger for a second or two. Then
heat again, following the same procedure.
Repeat heating a couple of times over each energy-point or by
Master Lee's personal instructions. Once treatment is
complete, extinguish Hot-Hot Stick in water or cap with
tinfoil. Wrap tip of Hot-Hot Stick in foil to be sure
the fire is out. Save for next use.
What to expect AFTER using the
The local area of the skin will be slightly red.
You should not feel pain at all after your application.
You should feel relief from your complaints within 5 to 7 days.
How long can you use the sticks?
At the beginning of the application, use the sticks once a day for 2 weeks, and then reduce to 2 times a week for 2 weeks. When your complaints are stable, you may use it once a week for maintenance.
Before you start using the hot-hot sticks, please feel free to
call (703) 462-8566 or email
Instructions: How to Use Master Lee's Hot-Hot Stick
How to Use Master Lee's Hot-Hot Stick